Re: Data Collection problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Data Collection problem
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:21:30 -0400
You need a dot at the end of each oid. That is because snmpCollect
will need to add an interface instance to the end of it. That's how I
remember to put the dot on.

Detroit

                    "kaveh

                    taghi-zadeh"         To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    <kaveh_t@hotma       cc:

                    il.com>              Subject:     [NV-L] Data Collection
problem
                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    09/04/01 05:37

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi all,

I have configured a data collection on a Cisco device using the MIB
Expression:
FreeSMBuffer%  \
"bufferSmFree  / bufferSmTotal" \
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.4  .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.3  /

Using the MIB Browser, I CAN read both MIB variables
above.

But my data collection does not work. In /usr/OV/log/snmpCol.trace
I found the following:
"SNMP to <node> for MIB variable
.iso.org.dod.internet.priveate.enterprises.cisco.local.lsystem.bufferSmFree

(error-index #14) returned: The variable does not exist or is
read only. Deferring SNMP of FreeSmBuffer%.16 on <node>..."

In MIB Data Collection dialogbox, when I click 'Show Data'
I get the 7 items warning  (collection more is not store, etc) but my data
collection definitely fulfills all seven conditions of the warning.

Is there anything I have forgotten??
Thanks a lot in advance for any help,
Kaveh.