Re: Smartsets in SNMP Configuration (xnmsnmpconf)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Smartsets in SNMP Configuration (xnmsnmpconf)
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:13:06 -0400
You are asking netmon to do more work on the fly than he can handle.
803 devices alone is a big smartset, but 803 routers is huge, because we
are talking about every interface on those  routers.  You are forcing
netmon to re-evaluate the polling cycle for hundreds of nodes, perhaps many
thousands of nodes, in mid-stream.  Of course he falls behind.  It will be
hard to catch up, though he will eventually.
My advice is to delay this until you can take down all the GUIs and restart
all the daemons, especially  netmon, from scratch

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com