Re: value_info.ovf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: value_info.ovf
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:24:27 -0400
Is this a repost? It seems like we just had this discussion. Search
the archives on 'value_info.ovf' for advice. That file is for
overflow from the value_info file. If you are at 6.0.2, it will be
compressed when you do the turbo compression. Before
6.0.2 it was not.

Detroit

                    Sebastian.Szumczy

                    k@ingnn.pl              To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    Sent by:                cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.co       Subject:     [NV-L] value_info.ovf

                    09/05/01 04:38 AM

                    Please respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

hi,
right now i'm tryin' to make full backup of my aix 4.3 but i've got a
problem with a file called value_info.ovf. the file's got more than 1,2 GB
and smitty can not backup it. my question is how to backup it in different
way, and what's the file in fact (visual database???)? i also know, that i
can not use tar command to backup the netview database cause it can't
backup
null files, is it true? what can you recommend me instead of this?
the problem is very urgent:-(((

thanx for any mail

regards
sebastian szumczyk