Re: Event filter

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Event filter
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:56:30 -0400
Sure it is. It's an easy use of the Threshold Node in a ruleset.  You can
pass thru the first few and suppress the rest.
But the real question is, what event are you getting and why?
If you don't stop it at the source, then you are needlessly using a lot of
bandwidth to send this event and a lot of NetView cycles to process it,
only to hide it from the operators.  Why not fix the problem?

My favorite maxim about NetView comes from IBM's leading installer and
frequent contributor to this forum, Leslie Clark, who once said, "When
NetView shows you something goofy, there is something goofy in your
network."

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT