Re: ovstatus, nv6000 hang

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovstatus, nv6000 hang
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:05:48 -0400
Is there an ovstart still running?
The ovstart/ovstop/ovstatus command are commands to ovspmd and he processes
thems serially.  Thus if you do an ovstart, and it is still in progress,
then ovstatus or ovstop will be queued until the first command completes.
This is also true of ovstop.  Until that completes, ovstatus and ovstart
will be queued.
And starting the daemons with "netview" while root will do the same thing,
sinc the script will attempt to start any non-running daemons when executed
by root.

I think you may need to run "ps -ef" to determine what is not coming up, or
start your daemons one at a time, until you figure out what is going on.
I'd be tempted to rebbot the box  or kill them all and start over using
/etc/netnmrc, but that is up to you.  I don't know how you got where you
are.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT