Migrating from one box to another (Unix) (correction)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Migrating from one box to another (Unix) (correction)
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:50:04 -0400
I know I have given instructions here on installing a new Netview
in the presence of a backup filesystem from another box. I now know
that those instructions were incorrect, and no one corrected me (Arthur!).
I tried to follow my own instructions last week and I hate to say how
many times I tried it before I realized my error. So this is for those
of you who save these things:

When a box has no Netview, and only a /usr/OV.back.vxry filesystem
mounted, you need to install the product as an UPDATE, not as a new
install. The install mechanism figures out that Netview is not really there
and installs the whole product, merging in the stuff from the backup.

Sorry for the confusion, and shame on you all for not correcting me!