snmpCollect doesn't work properly

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmpCollect doesn't work properly
From: "Zhan Zhang" <zhangzha@cn.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:12:50 +0800
To all.
Our situation is as follows:
Rs6000 44p with AIX 4.3.3
TMF 3.6.2
Tivoli NetView for AIX 6.0
    I have configured snmpCollect to collect mib data from ALTEON switch.
At first, it works very well. But 10 days before, it stops collecting
data.I use
ovstatus snmpCollect  to check the daemon status, it is running and
well-behaved.
Then I  restart snmpCollect daemon and check snmpCol.trace, it shows that
after re-reading the configuration files, snmpCollect doesn't start to
collect
data. But afer I restart netview, it begins to collect data again.2 days
ago,
it stops collecting data again.I have to restart netview again.
I want to know why it will happen and how to solve the problem.
Thanks for your great help!!!

best regard,
zhang zhan
Integrated Technology Services