RE: Multiple Interfaces and DNS entries

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Multiple Interfaces and DNS entries
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:10:20 -0500
What I've seen is that it depends on how Netview discovered the device.  If
Netview first heard from the device via the en1 interface, then it would do a
reverse DNS lookup and use the nodeastby.pepsi.com name.  I'm sure others will
have more details, but that's what I've seen.  I typically put the name I want
in the seedfile, delete the node, and do a netmon -y to rediscover it.