Re: NetView 7.1 early or hot list ship

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView 7.1 early or hot list ship
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:17:12 -0400
Hello everyone,
 I have found out since yesterday that a lot of copies of NetView 7.1 have
already been shipped to customers of record with current maintenance
contracts, despite what the announcement letter said about shipments not
occurring until after the GA date of October 26, 2001.  It has already
been autoshipped to all such customers in EMEA (that's Europe, the Middle
East, and Africa) and in AP (Asia -Pacific), or so I am told.  Autoships
do not occur in the Americas, but supposedly all customers of record there
have been sent a letter saying they can get it.  Furthermore, there is
also a hot list program whereby an account rep can sign up a customer,
allegedly with an urgent business need, to get the code as soon as the
first hundred or so copies have been produced, and that some unknown
number of  NA (North America) customers were on that list.  So it is
indeed possible that there are many customers who did not participate in
the beta who now have the NetView 7.1 CDs.  I am also told that we are
ready to take support calls from anyone.  As I said before, "if we are
shipping it, then we are supporting it.", so if anyone has a problem with
the code from the GA CD, there is no need to bashful.  Just call Support.
They are waiting.  I am sorry to have contributed to the confusion.  Much
of l this is news to me.

Thanks for your concern

James Shanks
Level 3 Support