Re: Different node display names in GUI and web Interface

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Different node display names in GUI and web Interface
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:12:47 -0400
On the GUI, take a look at the Object Information. I think you might
find that while the IP Hostname has been update, the Selection Name
has not and is still shown as an address. In that case, on the GUI,
in the context menu for the node, you can do Edit..Modify/Describe...
Object, and use the Selection Name edit button to select the name
rather than the address.

You can find all such nodes by looking at them in a smartset, eg Routers.
Sort that smartset by Name, and you should see those with numeric Selection
Names at the top. Some of those might show actual names as labels, that is,
out of order. Those are the ones that are not fully updated.

Note that when you change the name of a node, the Selection Names
for the interfaces on those nodes is not updated. It will remain
'old nodename':ifDescr, if ifDescr exists, or 'old nodename':address.
Therefore I prefer to rediscover a node after such a change.

I am only guessing that this is your problem. It might also be that
your web client is pointed at a r/o map, or something else altogether.

Detroit

                    Vikas Kumar

                    Gupta                  To:     "'nv-l@tkg.com'"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    <VGupta@bangalor       cc:

                    elabs.com>             Subject:     [NV-L] Different node
display
                    Sent by:                names in GUI and web Interface

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.c

                    om

                    10/19/01 04:29

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hello,
I am getting different node names in  web interface and GUI,e.g it is
coming
as IP in web interface thought I have changed it to names of the nodes in
GUI like mumbai router etc.
thanks in advance
 regards

vikas