RE: snmptrap from GUI

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: snmptrap from GUI
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:39:42 -0400
The GUI isn't broken, just very confusing!!!

The field labeled "Variable type value" requires a multiple of 3 arguments.
It is the variable that you want to send with the trap. If none - leave it
blank.

example with one variable:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9999.1  octetstringascii  "We the people"

You can pass as many variables as you like in this "triplet" form

Don Davis