Re: IBM Director

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: IBM Director
From: Eric Pobst <epobst00@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
James,

That is actually what I am trying to track down
(Mibs/Trap definitions).  If at the very least the
mibs to run mib2trap against.  I cannot find the mibs
anywhere and the only reference to them is running an
upward integration from the IBM Director Application
to NT NetView.  Looks pretty straight forward except
we are currently not using NT NetView. There may be
way to extract them from the IBM Director setup files,
but would rather avoid this.  My ideal setup would be
to just run the UMS services on each of the IBM
X-Series servers and have them forward traps to
NetView (very similiar to Compaq Insight Manger).

Trying to keep it simple.

Eric