Re: Mid Level Managers and firewalls

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Mid Level Managers and firewalls
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:15:50 -0400
Are you at 6.02, and what level of MLM did you install? There is a
different
version on each Netview CD.
And did you change  any of the traps in the MLM enterprise? Those are
usually
Don't Log or Display. Also, a full set of status traps is supposed to come
in when
you restart netmon, since it is not sure that it knows the status. Also,
you might want
to contact support about e-fixes for MLM. There were some problems, but I'm
not
sure about that one, exactly.

Detroit

                    Danny H

                    Williams/UK/IB       To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    M@IBMGB              cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] Mid Level Managers
and
                    owner-nv-l@tkg        firewalls

                    .com

                    10/24/01 10:22

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi All

After installing the correct level of bos.net.tcp.client I can now
configure my MLM on my remote NetView server.

However, there is a problem - or at least I have done something wrong which
has led to the local NetView server receiving the following events one
after the other every polling interval:

"Mid level manager '<hostname>' Up"
"Mid level manager '<hostname>' Down"

Has anyone else had this sort of problem and how did they resolve it?

I have already set the NetView trapd SNMP Trap ports to 165 so that the
MLMs can use 162 (both NetView servers).

Cheers,

Danny Williams