RE: Web Client / 6.02

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Web Client / 6.02
From: reamd@Nationwide.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:38:41 -0400
Thanks Bernard,
                               A little added information is that there is
only one instance of the map opened which is the Read/Write map on the
server. All other user's use the Web Client.. I will bring the netview GUI
down using 'nv6000_smit KILLEUIS' to make sure that someone has not
launched a read/only map somewhere and then restart the GUI and then the
web client and still receive the same symptom...

                       BAUDOUX BERNARD

                       <bernard.baudoux@FO  T

                       RTISBANK.COM>        To: "'IBM NetView Discussion'"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                                            cc:

                       Sent by:

                       owner-nv-l@tkg.com   bcc:

RE: [NV-L] Web Client / 6.02

                       10/25/2001 08:18 AM

                       Please respond to

                       IBM NetView

                       Discussion

Hi dave,

my understanding of this is the following:

in version 6, the Web interface relies on an opened map somewhere.   So if
at a given moment you have only one instance of the map opened, then the
Web i/f can only choose this one and does not propose a choise.
If, at another given moment you have several instances of the map opened
then it asks you which one you desire to use.

The fact they are all R/W is, I suppose due to the fact the users that
opened the X-terminal GUIs had potentially R/W access to the map ((file
permissions), but only one at a time really has R/W access.

As for the Submap Explorer directly on the NetView box, I don't think it
uses the same machanism : it does not (I think) need an opened map, thus
not asking you to choose one.

Hope this helps.
Bernard Baudoux
Phone: +32 (0)2/565.24.68