Sun Management Center agent --anyone using it with NetView?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Sun Management Center agent --anyone using it with NetView?
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 26 Oct 2001 02:54:27 -0500
Greetings,

I've recently been tasked to monitor Sun hardware for items such as (I
was impressed that the Sun boxes could actually log some of these
hardware things, but evidently they can.):
    Hardware Error
    Fatal Error
    CPU detects ECC errors on SIMM
    Power Failing
    CPU Panic
    Temperature

I've spent a good chunk of time researching Sun Management Center for
this purpose.  What I've learned it that the server portion of this
package has functionality equivalent NetView while the agent portion
of the package seems to be the most interesting part for us NetView
users.

First, is anyone using Sun Management Center in conjunction with
NetView?  And if so, how?

If we were to deploy the SunMC Agents on the Sun boxen, would I be
able to use NetView to detect these events and simply not use the
SunMC server?  NetView can take in an SNMPv2 trap just fine, and
based on what I've read of SunMC, its agent sends v2 traps.

Here's what Sun's docs say about attempting 3rd party usage of the MIBs:

http://www.sun.com/solaris/sunmanagementcenter/docs/Docs/user_guide/HTML/apx_prod.html#1001220

but, I'm curious about any responses that are specific to NetView,
and/or specific to the Sun alerts listed above.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can lend to this!