Re: Send pagers in group

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Send pagers in group
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:09:22 -0400
In your nv.carriers file you have an entry for your pager company.  If
nvpager is hanging up and re-dialing for every page then you have set max
transactions per call to "1".  You need to raise that value to "4" or to
whatever the maximum is that your pager company will allow.  All the values
in the nv.carries file should be checked by calling the pager company and
asking them what they will support.  These are unique to each vendor.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

                    Jorge

                    Benitez/Mexico/Contr       To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    /IBM@IBMMX                 cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     [NV-L] Send pagers
in group
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com

                    10/25/01 11:44 PM

                    Please respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

HI.....

I have NV 6.0.1 for AIX 4.3.3, and I need to send an alert by pager to
four people when a critical situation is detected by Netview, what I did
was to create a script with four lines executing the " nvpage PIN@skytel
Message ", and the modem makes four connections, I mean the modem dial-
sends the message and close the conection, and then redial for the
second message an so on, to send these four messages; Is there a  way to
send these four messages with a single connection to the service paging
provider or send this messages by group.
Thanks.