Re: Discover Linux RH 7.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Discover Linux RH 7.1
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:38:30 -0400
What happens when you do "snmpget <linux_box_hostname>
system.sysObjectID.0" ?
Does it work?
If not, then you still have an SNMP problem to solve.  Bad community name
or the agent isn't working.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm@HOTMAIL.COM>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
10/26/2001 02:22 PM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion