Neview Security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Neview Security
From: jmfrancoz@soluziona.com
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:07:43 +0100

Hi all:

I´m having some problems with the security in the Netview environment.

I would want to create a Netview user with all Netview capabilities (equal to
initial Unix root user but with another Unix user login)

First of all I have create a Netview User (user_nv) who belongs to the default
Netview Group SrAdmin, using the nvsec_admin utility.

Unix user= user1
Netview user= user_nv

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

1- Log in like user "user1" in Unix. By the way this user is a "Login name" of a
Tivoli user who has all the Tivoli Framework roles.
2- Run Netview and the login Netview interfase appears.
3- Log in like user "user_nv" and group SrAdmin

And... for example:

* The window "Event configuration/Trap customization..." is open Read-only

* When I try to run "Data Collection and threshold..." I receive the error
message:

    "Could not lock file /usr/OV/conf/snmpCol.conf"
   " Colud not fopen /usr/OV/conf/snmpCol.conf" Permission Denied (errno: 13)

Could anyone help me??

Thanks