RE: SmartSet vs. nvUtil

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: SmartSet vs. nvUtil
From: "Cowan, Chris" <Chris.Cowan@2ndwaveinc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:38:57 -0600
Ray,

I observed the same thing, opened a PMR, which was open for several week,
and then was unable to test and reproduce it properly, because it was on a
customer's production network.

In my case, it was a large object database with approximately 4500 Cisco
devices.  There were close to 30K objects in ovobj DB.  I was seeing
descrepancies in the 100's between the GUI SmartSet and output of "nvUtil l"
with the output of "nvUtil e".     nvUtil e seemed to be always right from
an object count perspective, nvUtil l was not.   Based on this alone, I
suspected collmap, since it seems that nvUtil e accesses the obj DB
directly.

I probably should have never let them close the ticket, but I was pressed
for time.