API for retrieving MIB description based on oid

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: API for retrieving MIB description based on oid
From: "Cowan, Chris" <Chris.Cowan@2ndwaveinc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:50:22 -0600

Is there a call similar to OVmib_get_objid_name that will retrieve the Description?   I believe the answer is yes, and that is when you hit the "Describe" button under xnmbrowser (and similar applications).

I realize that I can parse either the raw MIBs or the binary MIB database, but this seems like it would be easier.   I suspect the call is undocumented but present in the libraries.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Chris Cowan