sysName

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: sysName
From: "Fendrick, Gib (CC-ETS Tools Services)" <Gib.Fendrick@conagrafoods.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:49:38 -0600
Hi Catalina,
I don't know if this is an option for you, but in our environment, we put
the sysname of the routers in DNS with both forward and reverse lookup using
the address we use to discover the routers.  We control all discovery by
putting the addresses in the seedfile.  When routers are discovered, NetView
automatically gets the name from DNS.

Gib Fendrick
ConAgra Foods, Inc.