RE: Can you send traps based on syslog messages from local NetVew/AIX bo

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Can you send traps based on syslog messages from local NetVew/AIX box?
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:32:34 -0600
TRAPGEND is a utility I believe shipped with AIX NetView that will send
traps - HOWEVER, if you are using Cisco gear, SYSLOG traps are already sent
to the Netview Box, there is no need to scrape them out of the log. You need
the Cisco Log mib and traps. Check your snmp config and see if SYSLOG traps
are enabled. In general, there is NO log message cut that does not also
equate to a trap. Your work is probably already done.