NetView MLM and Checkpoint Firewall

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView MLM and Checkpoint Firewall
From: Karsten.Schweiger@GECITS-EU.COM
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 08:23:40 +0100
Hi all.
For a customer we built up an environment to test the communication between
NetView and a corresponding MLM over a Checkpoint Firewall but we have
problems in doing snmpset from Netview to the MLM. snmpget is working. We
opened all ports on the firewall but the problem is still remaining. When
we connect Netview and MLM directly snmpset works fine. Has anybody of you
any idea to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

Dr. Karsten Schweiger
GE CompuNet Hamburg
Netzwerk und System Management
Ost- West Strasse 49, 20457 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431-3609-121, +49-0177-6302825, Fax: +49 (0) 431-3609-190,
E-Mail : Karsten.Schweiger@GECITS-EU.COM
Visit us on the Internet: http://www.gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.