RE: RE: Bandwidth Notification

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: RE: Bandwidth Notification
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:04:40 -0500
Dean,
I am doing exactly that.
I have aprox 350 branch sites with FR wan circuits that I collect
BW-Utilization and generate a custom snmptrap if it bursts above 125% of CIR
for 2 consecutive 5 minute polling intervals.

I do not use NetView's snmp data collection because I do not want data on
all interfaces and the Interface instance numbers are all over the place.

I wrote a script that queries just the WAN link, based on the router and the
specific Interface instance number. Then number crunch the delta of the byte
counts and compare them to the last result which I keep in a flat file for
each router. I uses this file with gnuplot to graph BW-Utilization stats for
7 days.

I manually maintain a file containing the router name and link instance
number.

e-mail me direct if you want a copy of the script.

Don Davis
donald.davis@firstcitizens.com