Re: [nv-l] Incorrect Routing - Event

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Incorrect Routing - Event
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:39:17 -0500
I believe that usually means that the default gateway configured
for that device is not  a router.

Detroit

                    "Mario Schürg"

                    <Mario.Schuerg@deutsche-b       To:
nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                    oerse.com>                      cc:

                                                    Subject:     [nv-l]
Incorrect Routing - Event
                    02/14/02 03:34 AM

__________________

Hello,
on my NetView I see several "Incorrect Routing" - events. I´m not sure
about
what they mean. Here is one example:

Thu Feb 14 08:40:28 2002 YS1621          N  Incorrect Routing to Node
10.1.20.7
[1] private.enterprises.ibm.ibmProd.3.1.1.2.0 (Integer): 2
 [2] private.enterprises.ibm.ibmProd.3.1.1.3.0 (OctetString): Switch1
 [3] private.enterprises.ibm.ibmProd.3.1.1.4.0 (OctetString): Incorrect
Routing
to Node 10.1.20.7
 [4] private.enterprises.ibm.ibmProd.3.1.1.5.0 (OctetString): 10.1.20.7
 [5] private.enterprises.ibm.ibmProd.3.1.1.6.0 (OctetString): openview

SPECIFIC   : 58982408 (hex: 3840008)
GENERIC    : 6

For Info: 10.1.20.7 is an HSRP - address of a CISCO MSFC. Switch1 is a
CISCO Cat
6006(Layer 2 switch).
NetView Version is 6.0.2, AIX 4.3.3

Can somebody explain what´s going wrong? I don´t understand the event
description within NetView. Is there an SNMP packet from the NetView host
10.1.20.7 that is routed to Switch1?
Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte
Informationen.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is
prohibited.