RE: [nv-l] What about a WAN Sniffer for Nortel?

To: Chris.Powers@suntrust.com, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] What about a WAN Sniffer for Nortel?
From: DSullinger@dot.state.az.us
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:00:29 -0700
> Silly question but have you either tried it or checked with your local Bay
SE?

Yes, prior to purchasing the equipment, we talked to a Nortel SE... He is no
longer with the company due to layoffs last year.  Our new SE informed us
that he was well aware that Agilent does not decode Nortel PtP.  $35k later,
nice time to find out.

> Also, do you have/use Optivity?  You could do a limited packet capture...

Yes we do... How would you do this?

> Are  you trying to look at the WAN specific traffic

Yes, we need to look at WAN specific traffic.  We need to see what is coming
in over the WAN before it hits the LAN, because we have about 20 different
LANs the traffic could get split over once it hits the Router.

Thanks