[nv-l] Cannot connect to server ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Cannot connect to server ?
From: "Philippe Menard" <PME@fr.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:37:50 +0100
All,

AIX 4.3.3 ML 9 / NV 6.0

I have tried to use ovtopofix but it outputs the following error message :
ERROR: Could not open topology database: Cannot connect to server : sys 2:
No such file or directory.

I understand what the message means (sort of) but don't understand what
causes it.

>From the message above, is the server name defined at all ? (sys ?)
Or is "sys 2" kind of an error message identifier ?

How should I fix the configuration to be able to run ovtopofix ?

Best regards,
Philippe.

- - -

Philippe MÉNARD