[nv-l] Generating TEC alerts

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Generating TEC alerts
From: awatthey@mmm.com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:31:22 +0100
Tivoli Netview V7.1 running under Windows 2000 service pack 2.

I have a server on the network generating some new alerts and I wish to
send these on to the TEC.  Where is the information I need to achieve
this?  I cannot find much in the NT manuals on this subject.

At the moment Netview is logging an alert with Enterprise
1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.146.200 and specific trap number 1.  The product
intallation gave me an entry for trapd.conf to describe it.  It was
initially 'only log event' but I have changed it to 'error events' so that
it appears in the event log.

I have seen that the following files in the CONF directory have related
information but I see no instructions on how to update them.  Perhaps I am
looking in the wrong manual.
tecad_nv6k.baroc
tecad_nv6k.cds
tecad_nv6k.conf
tecad_ov.baroc
tecad_snmp.baroc
tecsmartsetfilter.conf
trapd.conf

I have other devices successfully sending alerts to the TEC but these are
Netview alerts so all the information required appears to already be in
these files (apart from the filters themselves which we set up).
 For the filters I need to enter the FILTER and FILTERCACHE statements
which refer to classes which don't seem to apply to this new trap.

Regards,
Alan.