Re: [nv-l] Deleteing all objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Deleteing all objects
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:57:49 -0500
Brian, it sounds like you are talking about the relational database
where the topology has been dumped, not the Netview map database.
See the man page for the ovtoposql command. It is not necessary
to rediscover the network. In fact, rediscovering will not help.

Detroit

                    "Brian Green"

                    gi.ca>                <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

                                         cc:

                    03/27/02 02:58       Subject:     [nv-l] Deleteing all
objects
                    PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to delete all the objects from the Netview
installation?  I have recently moved from one Oracle backend to another,
and
I am not sure how to get all the objects to add into the new database.  I
was thinking that the best way may be to just delete and re-discover
everything - if anyone has a simpler way I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
Consultant
CGI InfoSec COE
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155