Re: [nv-l] Nvevents font change problem

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Nvevents font change problem
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:37:25 -0500
I am not an X-server guru but it may be due to  the fact that it is
running in the control desk, which has its own geometry constraints.

Try moving the event window outside.  Position your mouse over the Events
icon in the margin of the control desk,  right-mouse click and hold,
moving it beyond the boundaries of the control desk, before letting up.
The nvevents window should move outside of the control desk and expand.
Does it have the right font now?

If so, then I believe that the control desk is using some default font
because it cannot make things fit within its boundaries.  If that is it,
then  you have two choices that I can see.  First, you can start nvevents
outside the control desk to begin with  or you can enlarge the NetView
window and then adjust the portion of the window given over to events
within the control desk by moving the little square which overlaps where
the control desk and the map boxes come together on the right-hand side.
Position your cursor over that  and it turns into a cross, then use the
left mouse button to move it up and down.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
03/28/2002 12:59 PM

        Subject:        [nv-l] Nvevents font change problem

This is my update to our Nvevents file for a larger font:
nvevents*FontList     *size30Font : Rom10

The font change works fine when we bring up the first session of Netview.
Upon starting a second, read-only, session of Netview (telneted in
remotely), the Nvevents window does not use the correct font, nor is it
the
default font.  It looks to be a Times New Roman derivative, small in size.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer