[nv-l] paging product for multiple modems

To: "NV List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] paging product for multiple modems
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:16:38 -0600
Hello Everyone.

NV 7.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3.

I've been requested to add many people to my ruleset paging. Up until now a
single serial port and modem were sufficient. Although nvpage has been very
reliable, I don't think nvpage can spool pages to multiple modems. I have
used products such as Dazel which can support many dozens of fax modems. The
DAZEL product would spool the faxes or pages to a single queue and the
software would send the job to next available modem. Can someone recommend a
reasonably priced product for handling many paging modems?

email paging is not an option because the Internet outages would prevent
forwarding.

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car