Re: [nv-l] MIB Browser.

To: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Browser.
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:48:09 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Rats.  Looks like I am wrong again.
It's all in knowing where to look.
Thanks for setting this issue, and me, straight, Paul

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Sent by: possum@corp.tivoli.com
03/06/2002 10:46 AM

        To:     bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com
        cc:     "'NetView Forum'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

Xnmbrowser will use the port defined in the snmp configuration. I tested
this to be sure
that it works and it does. Same goes for netmon, it will use the port
defined in the snmp
configuration.

Paul Stroud
bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com wrote:

> Hello all forumers,
>
> I'm using NetView 6.02 on AIX 4.3.3
>
> I would like to know weither there is or not a possibility to use the
MIB browser to query an SNMP agent using another port than the standard
161 ?
> And, if it is possible, how I can do this.
>
> Furthermore, is there any way to tell netmon to use another port than
161 to poll some devices (not all) ?