Re: [nv-l] nv6000.log growing HUGE!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nv6000.log growing HUGE!
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 07 Mar 2002 14:37:58 -0600
"James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com> writes:
> I think this is a problem with ipmap which is fixed in 6.0.3.
> Take down your GUI and restart it, and get on 6.0.3  ASAP

Don't forget to add time for reviewing all your external scripts
called from rulesets and commands for automatic action scripts for
interaction with the security fix that's part of 6.0.3 (assuming you
haven't already applied the patch for 6.02).   The varbind data will
have some replaced punctuation and extra backslashes and that may
break some of your existing scripts depending on what you do.  The
fixes are typically easy, but it's something you have to do.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/