Re: [nv-l] tec integration on UNIX versus NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] tec integration on UNIX versus NT
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:11:46 -0500
There is no simple way to do this. It is a completely manual migration
process.

TEC used to ship an NV6000 adapter for AIX which was identical to the one
we shipped on NT, until we added the smartset stuff.  Then they decided
that they didn't have to support their adapter on AIX  since NetView had
an internal one and discontinued it.  They never had one for Solaris nor
Digital.

So I am afraid you will have to transfer your slot mappings and such to
trapd.conf using xnmtrap and then use a ruleset (you can start with
forwradall.rs)  to send everything to TEC.  Once you get comfortable with
rulesets you can pare down what you send to TEC.    That is the basic
method.

Some folks prefer to send all their events using wpostemsg in a script,
called as an action, either right from the trap definition, so that
ovactiond sends it, or in a ruleset, so that correlation and filtering is
done first.  You'll have to decide which route is best for you.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"can huynh" <can.huynh@sympatico.ca>
03/08/2002 07:20 PM