Re: [nv-l] Unique hostnames for sending events to TEC

To: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Unique hostnames for sending events to TEC
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 18 Mar 2002 16:56:01 -0600
Cc: "NetView List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
In our shop we dupe detect at the TEC level on the hostname and
interface within a given alert.

If you wanted to still pursue your approach, you would have to abandon
the internal TEC adapter and process that $A in script context as an
Action  and send an appropriate postemsg.

Given the frequency with which such issues arise, we have abandoned
the internal TEC adapter entirely and using scripts for everything we
send to TEC to afford additional control over the alerts.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/