Re: [nv-l] ping timeout in NV

To: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ping timeout in NV
From: Can Huynh <can_huynh@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:22:28 +0100 (CET)
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
James,

I really appreciate your help.

What did you change in
> xnmsnmpconf?: just the timeout value to 10 seconds
concerning the equipment we have problem on.

>How are you determining that it is not working?
well, good question. In Event display, every 15
minutes, I receive a node down for this equipment. I
then ping it, and it flips back to up.
After calling the network people, I am sure the
equipment (a switch) is OK.
We know that currently ping response is very slow to
this equipment, several seconds but always below 10
sec in all the tests we performed. I am sure we are
checking its status by ping and not by snmp.
So why I am so focused on ping timeout in netmon.
And changing the timeout to 10 s, did not have any
impact on the occurence of the node down events.

thanks

 --- James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com> a écrit : > Am
I sure?  Yes.  It has always been so and it is