Re: [nv-l] Smartset to find Acknowledged objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Smartset to find Acknowledged objects
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:50:40 -0500
I cannot say for certain, but I don't think you can do this successfully
at 6.0.3, nor at any earlier level.
I just saw two APARs recently closed and shipped for 7.1.1 which are
probably relevant -
(1) IY27554 isAcknowledged no set to true for non-IP object
(2) IY24273 isAcknowledged field not reset to false in ovwdb.

Now I didn't work on either of these, but I will bet that you would have
to get the post 6.0.3 e-fixes for them in order to be sure that the
isAcknowledged field is correctly set and unset in ovwdb so that you could
build a smartset using that attribute.
I'd say a call to Support is in order.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Gow Kevin (KTSO 4)" <kevin.gow@csfs.com>
03/21/2002 10:31 AM