[nv-l] [NETMON] SNMP Polling devices in DMZ

To: "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] [NETMON] SNMP Polling devices in DMZ
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 15:36:36 -0400

Is anyone using 2 or more NetViews to SNMP poll devices behind a firewall?
My problem is that my security department has informed me that the "Gauntlet" Firewall can only be configured (by Ip Address) for one SNMP manager.

This presents an issue for me because I have a production and a redundant NetView server.
I have considered using an MLM (or two) to solve this single point of failure issue.
What other creative ways have you used to get around this limitation of the Gauntlet Firewall?
Thanks,
Don

Donald Davis
First Citizens Bank

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.