[nv-l] router/switch speeds

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] router/switch speeds
From: "Carnegie, Martin" <Martin.Carnegie@atcoitek.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:22:20 -0600
Hi All,

We are trying to write a script that queries the mib table on our network
devices for the speeds they are configured for.  We are currently using

/usr/OV/bin/mibtable -table .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1 -fields
ifDescr=2:10,ifSpeed=5:10 -node <ipaddress>.  Unfortunately this does not
seem to return the same information.  What I would hope is that there is
some mib that would give me the exact speed for a device.

As I am not really a network person, this is about the best I can give for a
description, but if you need more info, just ask and I can get it to you.

Thanks

Martin Carnegie
ATCO I-Tek
Phone: 780.420.5068
Pager: 780.671.2895
mailto:martin.carnegie@atcoitek.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee and may
contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the taking of any
action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you receive this
in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy this message and
any copies.