[nv-l] Object Info tip: fun with nvUtil in your scripts

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Object Info tip: fun with nvUtil in your scripts
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:37:09 -0400
I've been having lots of fun lately with the nvUtil function that returns
fields from the object info. Try this:

/usr/OV/bin/nvUtil n $NODENAME "%SNMP sysLocation%"

or
/usr/OV/bin/nvUtil n $NODENAME "%SNMP sysLocation%,%SNMP
sysContact%,%vendor%"

It's documented in a rather succint way in the nvUtil syntax help,
and I've only played with it recently. I've found it to be really handy
from scripts, especially in cases where I have loaded lots of
custom fields with nvdbimport.

Detroit