[nv-l] Ciscoworks 2000 Integration file, Adapter.v1-0.aix.nv71s.tar

To: "NetView List Server" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Ciscoworks 2000 Integration file, Adapter.v1-0.aix.nv71s.tar
From: "Ray Westphal" <westphal@accessus.net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 21:43:06 -0500
Hello Everyone.

NetView 7.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3.
I just installed the Ciscoworks/NetView 7.1 adapter,
Adapter.v1-0.aix.nv71s.tar, on my NetView 7.1.1 test server. (The
Integration Utility was already installed.) I then configured the browser,
Ciscoworks server and port. The integration only took 10 minutes although it
warned it may take as long as 45 minutes. When it completed I had to restart
the NetView daemons. I noticed many new "Cisco" icons in the Help/Legend.
There is also a new menu bar item "Cisco Applications". CiscoView is "grayed
out".

I've done a lot of reading in the list server regarding the Ciscoworks
Integration Utility and the NetView adapter files. I did find an item
regarding a problem opening CiscoView from NetView.

What other features should I have? Should I be able to "right-click" on a
Cisco map object and choose CiscoView from a menu?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car