Re: [nv-l] ip_address convertion in MSSQL[NetView for NT]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ip_address convertion in MSSQL[NetView for NT]
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:55:35 -0400
If you want to do it yourself, then basically you follow a 3-step
procedure.
(1) You convert the unsigned  long  integrer to hex. 32372939 = x'1EDF8CB'
(2) Separate the octets   1.ED.F8.CB
(3) Convert each octet back to decimal   1.237.248.203 is the address this
represents, I believe

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"KiYoul Kong" <bart@isiskorea.com>
05/28/2002 04:59 AM