[nv-l] NetView and SSH

To: "NV List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NetView and SSH
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 08:00:55 -0500
Hello Everyone.

NetView for UNIX on AIX 4.3.3.

Hopefully this will not be considered "off-topic".

I'm testing ssh on my NetView servers and I'm encountering some problems
with "hung" ssh processes. It is due to enabling X11 forwarding and the
background NetView processes using stdout, stdin or stderr "streams". Here's
a list of my processes for my NetView session. Upon closing the map, the
dispsub and the virtualdesktop processes remain. And if I kill the
virtualdesktop process the "hung" ssh session is closed as well.

/usr/OV/bin/ovw
/usr/OV/bin/backup
/usr/OV/conf/virtualdesktop-log4j.properties
/usr/OV/bin/collmap
/usr/OV/bin/nvevents
/usr/OV/bin/dispsub
/usr/OV/conf/maptreeserver-log4j.properties
/usr/OV/bin/ipmap
/usr/OV/bin/ovhelp
/usr/OV/bin/disptec

So here are my questions:

1) What is the purpose of the virtualdesktop-log4j.properties process?
2) Can I stop it from starting with the opening of the map?
3) If anyone out there has any experience in overcoming SSH problems, could
please send me your suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car