Re: [nv-l] Réf. : Re: [nv-l] loading mib files (Mcafee)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Réf. : Re: [nv-l] loading mib files (Mcafee)
From: jshanks@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:37:30 -0400
Actually, there is one more thing you can try, but it is almost as much
work as the other.

You can run mib2trap against the entire text file of your loaded MIBs:
/usr/OV/conf/snmpmib or /usr/OV/conf/snmpv2mib.

        /usr/OV/bin/mib2trap    <mib.text.file : /usr/OV/conf/snmpmib |
/usr/OV/conf/snmpv2mib>  <addtrap.output.file>

will generate a large (possibly huge) addtrap script which will add all
the traps defined in all your loaded MIBs.  You can then go cut-and-paste
just the ones you want an add those.  If you run the whole script, it will
replace any identical trap defs you already have with new ones, and that
may be troublesome because the formatting, status, severity, and so on,
will now be the default values rather than what you have already
customized.  Most, if not all of the traps will become "Log Only" with a
severity of 1,  for example.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
06/28/2002 12:05 PM
Please respond to nv-l