RE: [nv-l] Off Topic: Cisco and Tivoli Integration

To: "nv-l" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Off Topic: Cisco and Tivoli Integration
From: "Francois Le Hir/Quebec/IBM" <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:47:31 -0400
Cc: "Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm@hotmail.com>, schiang@itginc.com, "Wolfgang Hahn" <whahn@de.ibm.com>, "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Hi list,

Several persons asked for it so I am sending this script to the list.
It is not something that I would call "finished" (I am still improving it
or adding new features from time to time) but it might be useful to give
some ideas about how it can be done.

- the cron script is there only to make sure the daemon one (logchkd) is
always running.
- logchkd.sh is the main script. It execute and then sleep 60s before
executing again.
- logchk.filter define the patterns to look for and the command to execute
when a number "n" of syslog messages that fit the pattern have been
received.

(See attached file: logchkd.sh)(See attached file: logchk.filter)(See
attached file: logchk.cron.sh)

Let me know if you have questions or suggestions to improve it ...
Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 205 6695

----- Forwarded by Francois Le Hir/Quebec/IBM on 06/06/2002 02:03 PM -----

                      "Scott Bursik"

                      <tivoliesm@hotmai        To:       Francois Le
Hir/Quebec/IBM@IBMCA
                      l.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: [nv-l] Off Topic:
Cisco and Tivoli Integration
                      06/03/2002 08:30

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Scott Bursik"

Would you mind sharing the script so I could take a look at it? We are
getting ready to impliment the same thing and I was looking to start
writing the script. You could potentially save me a LOT of work. Thank you
so much.

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik@pbsg.com