Re: [nv-l] PeakPerformance Data

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] PeakPerformance Data
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:02:01 -0400
If you are using snmpCollect to store data,  when you graph it there is a
Statistics function that shows you the max/min/avg. Or you can use
snmpColDump to scan the data for the day and pick out the max for
a report. Or, if you are using snmCollect, but not storing, just
thresholding,
when the rearm event is sent, the max value is included in that event.
You could then pick the max right out of trapd.log, if you set up
your threshold and rearm values wisely.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

                      netview@toddh.net

                      (Todd H.)                To:       "CATALINA MARTINEZ"
<CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
                                               cc:
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      06/05/2002 11:13         Subject:  Re: [nv-l]
PeakPerformance Data
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

"CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us> writes:
> hello,
>
> How can I gather peakperformance data on a daily basis? Currently, I
> am collecting some data but I need to only "grab" the peak for each
> interface on a few network devices. I would need to graph this info.
>
> I currently am running MRTG but it has the daily (not peak). I am
> wondering if Netview has this type of functionality..

Not to my knowledge.

It'd be simple enough to write a script that uses snmpget  to grab the
data, look at the date, store it if greater than what is stored for
the current day, ignore it otherwise.   Stick the script in a crontab
and run it every 5 minutes.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/