Has there been any response on a NV7 training and/or Advanced
Netview class? I've checked the website (ibm.com/training) and the NV-L
archives with no luck.. Thanks, Dave
co.uk> To: IBM NetView Discussion
Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1
01/08/2002 12:27 PM
Please respond to IBM
I asked the same question of Tivoli education re NV7 training, last week -
no response yet.
Re the Advanced NetView class, I am the developer of the "Tivoli NetView
for Unix for Senior Administrators" - it ran at least twice in Europe last
year but I'm not sure whether anyone else has taught it and I am not aware
of it on anyone's course schedules for this year. I guess the obvious
question would be "How many takers??" I will append the course outline -
perhaps anyone interested would respond here and I will try and take it
forward if Tivoli don't pick it up directly.
CATALINA MARTINEZ wrote:
Does any one know the status of Netview 7.1 training for
Administrators? There was also previous discussion on an Advance
Netview training. Does anyone know the status on these two trainings?
Is it in the near future???
Tivoli NetView for Unix for Senior Administrators - 5 days
The objectives of the class are to provide a wide perspective
on the more advanced features of Tivoli NetView. This class
ONLY utilizes NetView and the software that comes with
NetView (Framework & Mid Level Managers) - there
is deliberately no requirement to have any
chargeable add-on programs, though some
freely-available utilities may be discussed.
Topics covered include:
- NetView Database and Process Architecture
- Extending the NetView Object database and reporting on it
- Making the NetView discovery seedfile work for you
- NetView Event Architecture and imaginative event customization
- Using the NetView Correlation Engine and Ruleset Editor
- NetView menu customization - ARFs and WARFs
- All about MIBs - SNMP V2 MIBs, building MIB applications, ...
- Using NetView with a Relational Database
- Deploying NetView Mid Level Manager (MLM)
- Integrating NetView with Tivoli Framework
- Network management in a firewalled environment
- Hints & Tips from the Industry
Participants in the class should already have several months
day-to-day practical experience with NetView as a NetView
administrator as well as shellscripting skills. This
class introduces more advanced topics and provides
hands-on practical demonstrations of using these
features in real-world combinations.
Tivoli Certified Consultant & Instructor
Skills 1st Limited, 2 Cedar Chase, Taplow, Bucks, SL6 0EU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <firstname.lastname@example.org>. All rights