Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.2 on SUSE Linux 7.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.2 on SUSE Linux 7.1
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:27:09 +0200
Peter,

do you have installed pdksh from the NetView CD (see rel. notes)?

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae@de.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

|         |           pweischer@mmm.com|
|         |           10.07.2002 12:51 |
|         |           pweischer        |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                                               |
  |       cc:
                                               |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] NetView 7.1.2 on SUSE Linux 7.1
                                               |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,
I am trying to install NetView 7.1.2 on SUSE Linux 7.1. The installation
script asks whether I would like to continue the installation (y/n), then
it displays 3 dots in the terminal window and then it termitates with the
message 'input channel failure'.
I installed the products listed in the readme file already.
   1.binutils
   2.inetd
   3.ucd-snmpd
   4.Xvfb