[nv-l] server web enabled icon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] server web enabled icon
From: "Delaire, Patrick" <delairep@aetna.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:41:35 -0400
 Issue:
             At this facility we have installed netview 6.0.3 with AIX 4.3.3
and created some smartsets to represent various components of our network.
 We have an N/T server smartset. When you drill down on the server icon to
display the interface address/s for the server we get the server interface
 represented by an I.P. address and a WEB ENABLED icon for that same server.

The Question I  have is how did the web enabled interface on the server get
discovered by netview and how  can I delete them from being displayed
 all together.  Deleting them individually is out of the question there are
too many (1200 +) and whenever the server is polled the web enabled
interface get rediscovered.
 Has anyone out there experienced this discovery issue.

Patrick M. Delaire
AIS - Technology Management Services
Enterprise Systems Management
Systems Management / Framework Services
Phone: 860-636-8126
Fax:     860-636-6807
Email:  DelaireP@Aetna.com

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the exclusive use of the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or
privileged information.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If
you think that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail of the error and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.  Aetna Inc.