RE: [nv-l] aliases

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] aliases
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:44:55 -0400
My desire was to make sure that Netview did not use the alias for the node
name.  At another company I worked for we had dual-homed Digital Unix boxes.
Netview would 'arbitrarily' choose between one of the interfaces as a node
name.  However, my question was to make sure that Netview did not use
aliases from the /etc/hosts file in the OVw database, which you have
confirmed.

Thanks,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer